4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2017 12:13 PM by 9d286d6b9112d1223f9db15fda3fbae90cbf77fb

Tracking Program Statuses

I am considering making changes to Marketo program statuses in order to better track lead lifecycle movement, but before I do so, I am wondering if anyone else in the community has thoughts on the subject, arguments for doing this one way vs. the other, or other things I should consider.

Ultimately, I am looking for a way to track both Lead Lifyecycle Status AND Lead Campaign Status.

Right now, I am using Program Statuses to track literal program statuses, such as:

Webcast Invited / Registered For Webcast / Attended Webcast / Registered For Webcast, Did Not Attend / Viewed Webcast Recording

Event: Invited To Event / Registered For Event / Registered For Event, Did Not Attend / Attended Event / Attended Event, Visited Booth / Attended Event, Asked For Follow-Up

Etc, etc...

The upside of tracking statuses this way is that you can easily see how each contact interacted with the program - I can easily get a report and find out exactly who attended a given webcast or event.

I am considering making the following changes to Program Statuses:

Webcast Invited / Registered For Webcast / MQL / SQL / Opportunity / Closed Won / Closed Lost

Event: Invited To Event / Registered For Event / / MQL / SQL / Opportunity / Closed Won / Closed Lost

The plus side of doing it this way is that you can more easily see what type of results the program influenced. The downside is that you lose visibility into specifically how leads interact with campaigns.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is there a good way to track both of these things (Lead Lifyecycle Status AND Lead Campaign Status)? Thanks in advance!

Steve