AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alternatives to Workspace/Lead Partition

Question asked by 8e78a788329c3d7963f45516c6cacbdd20fe8f29 on Jan 25, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2017 by e6615dd679b5dd0c3e60c20085706f392a9af2cb

Hi,

The company i work for are looking to utilise their existing Marketo instance across a second product.

Each product targets a different customer base - One is B2B and the other is B2C. Whilst both in the same business sector the data relevant to each product and resulting marketo campaigns is quite different.

So far it looks like there are two options:

1. Enable Workspace / Lead Partitioning
  • As far as I'm aware the data/field structure would need to persists across all workspace/partitions. So this is better suited to the same product with a geographical segregation rather than two disparate products

2.    Compromise the design of the existing data structure and integration in Marketo to allow for extra fields to accommodate a second product. Creating a manual flag to differentiate between 1 product and another.

• For each distinct product there would then be a portion of the fields will be superfluous, existing only to accommodate the other, and remain blank/NULL.

Is there anything I'm missing or is this not something that's typically achieved through one Marketo instance?

Any advice of guidance appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Outcomes