We are trying to find a way to give sales an easy way to update the lead status field from their mobile phone through a sales alert. The goal is to send actionable alerts to the sales team on new leads with a very simple, and easy way to follow up straight from the alert without having to log into SFDC and update the record there.
So far, we've figured the process would look like this:
- Lead owner receives alert for new lead
- Lead owner clicks on action button
- Action button takes owner to simple landing page
- Landing page has 3 buttons to change the status to one of the three options
- Whichever button they choose is what the lead status will update to in SFDC
What we are trying to figure out is how to link to the lead record in the sales alert so the correct lead updates. Is there a parameter we could use for the lead ID? Or could we use the email address?
Thanks for any help!