I have First-Touch and Multi-Touch metrics on my mind when asking this questions. Our company has Web Lead as a Lead Source and these are people we acquire through online web forms.
- Essentially we have 3 ways someone is driven to fill out a web form to become a "Web Lead":
- Online Advertising (utm_medium = cpc)
- Organic (utm_medium = null)
- Email (utm_medium = email)
- Things we want to look at:
- How much we spent on Online Advertising, Organic (none), Email (Period Costs)
- How many new web leads did we generate from Online Advertising, Organic (none), Email (Upon each "new" web lead form fill out First-Touch attribution should be credited)
- How many form fill out successes were there from Online Advertising, Organic (none), Email (Each form fill out success should be represented as a Multi-Touch Success)
- FT and MT metrics
- What channel would you place all your web forms into (Web Form, Online Advertising, Content,etc)? Should we have a Web Form channel and an Online Advertising channel? How do those fit into the channel world?
- How are both (or one) of those channels structured? (status, successes, where web forms live, etc)