AnsweredAssumed Answered

Email Program - Send with Smart Campaign

Question asked by b35c246b53435e249290aa6118b52f77257b5c3e Champion on Aug 30, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 19, 2017 by b35c246b53435e249290aa6118b52f77257b5c3e

I'm posting this to see what other people have to say about it/see if there's any insights or drawbacks to how I have an email program set up.

Basically, I ran into the issue that many people have where you can't send an email based on local time zones. You also can't have a wait step in an email program if you're sending directly from the control panel. I'd still like to use my email program to send emails as it allows me to A) nest them in other programs (like landing pages) and B) I am able to track email success differently than landing page success (which is obviously the point of different channels). If you send your email through a smart campaign, however, you are able to not only set up time zones if you have segmentations/smart lists set up, but you can also still add people to different statuses in the event program.

My question is: what are the drawbacks of using an email program, but not using the email scheduler built in to the program?

I can still get email reporting via an analytics or RCE report, and I can still set the program statuses via smart campaigns (which I would have to do anyway). The only things I really see are that the icon doesn't change so it looks like the program hasn't been run yet, and A/B testing might be a bit more difficult.

I'd love to hear what other people have to say about it!

Here are some screen shots to help visualize

Normal setup for email scheduling in an email program

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 4.14.29 PM.png

My smart campaign setup for email scheduling in an email program (using my Regional Segmentation)

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 4.14.50 PM.png

Outcomes