AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is there a way to make marketo look at the latest action instead of the whole history

Question asked by 1a560e825b520b48a046f5aea90fc9d794aba2e0 on Jul 28, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 by 44fd70dbab3aa0e4c6f496d0cfa8e456667eb3fd

i've run into a difficulty with sending an email after a lead is subscribed to our product news that i'm unable to solve w/o having to set up 10+ separate trigger campaigns

we have an "email" form at the footer of each product website that subscribes you to product news

10 products, 10 separate forms with 2 fields: email + product_subscription_checkbox

depending on  the product form submitted the field "subscription topic" is being filled in by the "change data value" action

after the form is being submitted we send a confirmation email where subscription topic is a token

Capture.PNG

that's what i have in the flow:

1.PNG

i've turned it on and was happy for a week until i spotted the problem:

if a lead goes and fills in form A (as a new lead) - he gets his newsletter with a right subscription topic. if he than goes and subscribes to some other product news and that product is BELOW the product A in my change data value step (for example, product A was choice 3 and product B is choice 8) he will receive an email with that old previous topic for product A

Obviously, marketo checks his history, sees that he did fill in the form for product A and as it's higher than for product B, it sets the A as a first choice again

i've thought very hard about possible workarounds, but the only one that came to my mind was to have all 10 subscriptions in a separate flow. which is a lot of manual set up

may be there is a way of making marketo look only at the latest choice that i've missed out?

Outcomes