We go back and forth on how we feel about who the sender should be on marketing emails. Here's what we've run into:
Marketing emails (new content, etc) with LEAD OWNER (usually sales rep or BDR) as the sender:
- All replies go straight to the rep
- More likely to be opened since email recipient is familiar with sender
- Sometimes awkward timing if an automated marketing email is sent out right after the sales rep just spoke to the prospect (this is a big one)
- Employee churn often makes this tricky, as we need to shift ownership each time
Marketing emails with MARKETING CONTACT (usually me) as the sender:
- Streamlines/simplifies the process
- No awkward timing issue!
- Replies all go to me, time-consuming to reply
I'd also like to note that the content of the emails are usually text-based, with no graphics, so it looks like a person wrote it. What do you guys usually do in these instances? Who is the main sender of your marketing emails? Lead/account owner? Specific user? Generic email inbox (email@example.com)?