AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I use "View email as Web Page" and have the webpage in different language as the email?

Question asked by 061ef968a0697d064b852d0b904898adb104242d on Mar 31, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by sanford.whiteman

I have an interesting problem.

We segment our database in regions. And DACH is one of the regions. We've been getting comments from some users in Switzerland who don't want German language emails, but want our normal English language emails.

I create emails for our International audience using dynamic fields. All emails going to DACH are in German. Most other regions are in English and a subsection of our DACH contacts would like to receive their emails in English as well. Short of keeping a language preference in the contact record, I can't easily solve this. I was hoping to use the View as Web Page function and add the following link to the German language emails: To view this email in English as a web page, click here

But this shows the German language email as a webpage, not the english default (which is what I would like)

So my question is: How do I change this code

<div style="text-align: center"><font face="Verdana" size="1">To view this email in English as a web page, <a href="%mkt_webview_url%?mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##">click here</a><br /><br /></font></div>

so that it will show the default email?

Thanks

Jan Sysmans | Head of International Marketing | DoubleDutch

Outcomes