So it seems like all the cool kids are using (or at least know about) workspaces and partitions, but there’s not a whole lot of information to help out those of us who are in dire need of seeing them in practice. And as we all know with Marketo, there are about a billion different ways to go about doing something and still get it done correctly. Today, we’re hoping to get into at least a little bit more use-case detail about both workspaces and partitions, when it’s best to use on or the other (or both), and hopefully get into more detailed Q&A.
Some questions we asked included:
- What are workspaces and how do they differ from lead partitions?
- What’s a use case (ie: why would you want a lead partition)?
- Can anything be shared across partitions?
- So let’s say a lead exists in two partitions and proceeds to fill out a form. Does their information get updated in both partitions?
- Can partitions sync to multiple SFDC instances?
- How do you deal with shared data?
- How do companies standardize on naming, program statuses, etc considering the other division might be around the world operating as different businesses?
- Workspaces vs Lead Partitions: http://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Understanding+Workspaces+and+Lead+Partitions
- How to Create a Lead Partition: http://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Create+a+Lead+Partition
- Assign Lead Partitions to Workspaces: http://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Assign+Lead+Partitions+to+Workspaces
- Assigning Lead Partitions with Assignment Rules: http://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Assigning+Lead+Partitions+with+Assignment+Rules